SAN FRANCISCO, 23 May 2017 / PRNewswire / –
The global market for omega-3 supplements is expected to be $ 57.07 billion By 2025, according to a new report from Grand View Research, Inc., the omega-3 nutritional supplement market is expected to see significant growth due to the wide range of applications coupled with the increasing demand for infant formula.
Numerous factors, such as urbanization and government efforts to educate consumers and provide superior health services, are likely to drive the use of omega-3-based products. In addition, increased consumer propensity to consume is expected to provide a positive outlook for the omega-3 supplement market.
Increasing opportunities in the sports nutrition market due to a growing preference for an active lifestyle coupled with a growing awareness of the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids are likely to play a significant role in fueling market growth. Companies like Coromega offer combination products for the sports industry.
Browse the full research report with TOC on “Omega-3 Dietary Supplements Market Analysis by Source (Fish Oil, Krill Oil), by Application (Infant Formula, Food & Beverage, Nutritional Supplements, Pharmaceuticals, Animal Feed, Clinical Nutrition) and Segment Forecasts, 2014-2025” at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/omega-3-supplement-market
Other key findings from the report suggest:
- The fish oil segment was with. rated $ 27.60 billion in 2016 due to early use to treat joint pain and other conditions
- Anchovy had the largest market share in 2016 and is expected to have a CAGR of 6.0% due to the abundant and easy availability of fish and its low mercury content
- Salmon oil made up a share of 3.3% in 2016 and is expected to grow significantly in the forecast period due to the relatively shorter time required to produce salmon oil compared to other fish.
- Central & South America accounted for 2.5% of the global demand for omega-3 supplements in 2016 due to the increased adoption of pharmaceutical products and rising consumer incomes
- Research & development and expansion are the key strategies pursued by the players in order to strengthen their position in the market. Companies are constantly trying to develop application specific products to expand their market area.
- in the May 2015, Ascenta Health was acquired by Nature Way, a US brand. in the May 2015Aker BioMarine has issued two patents from the US Patent Office for the process of making superba and other krill oils from denatured krill or krill meal using a polar solvent.
Browse related reports from Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the global omega-3 nutritional supplement market by source, application, and region:
- Omega-3 Supplements Source Outlook (Sales, US $ Mn, 2014-2025)
- Fish oil
- Cod liver oil
- Krill oil
- Fish oil
- Omega-3 Supplements Application Outlook (Revenue, $ Mn, 2014-2025)
- Baby food
- food and drinks
- Nutritional supplement
- Pet and animal feed
- Clinical nutrition
- Omega 3 complements regional outlook (sales, USD million, 2014-2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- middle East & Africa
Read our blog: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/food-and-beverages
Via Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a US-based marketing research and advisory firm operating in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company offers syndicated research reports, bespoke research reports and advisory services. To help our clients make informed business decisions, we offer market research studies that ensure relevant and fact-based research in a range of industries from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Specialist in corporate sales, United States
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
E-mail: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.