New York, December 23, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Reportlinker.com Announces the Release of the Omega 3 Supplements Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Source, Shape, Functionality, End User, By “Sales Channel, By Region and Segment Forecast , 2020 – 2027 “- https://www.reportlinker.com/p05999620/?utm_source=GNW
Omega-3 Diet Supplement Market Growth and Trends
The global omega-3 nutritional supplement market size is projected to reach $ 9.88 billion by 2027. Growth of 8.4% is expected from 2020 to 2027. The demand for omega-3 nutritional supplements is expected to be driven by the increased adoption of omega-3 nutritional supplements to meet daily nutritional needs and maintain optimal organ health by the geriatric populations in developed countries such as the US, Canada, and the UK France.
In addition, from early 2020, the COVID-19 outbreak led to heightened consumer awareness of the importance of immunity and immunity boosting products, which is expected to fuel demand for various omega fatty acid products. The increased incorporation of gum form products with novel flavors is expected to increase product penetration in children in the years to come.
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is an omega-3 fatty acid that contains over 93.0% omega-3 fats in the retina and 97.0% in the human brain. The increasing demand for DHA supplements for pregnant women is expected to drive the market due to the lack of adequate DHA in the diet. In addition, increasing demand for omega-3 DHA-rich nutritional supplements from non-lactating mothers is expected to drive product demand over the forecast period.
Rising chronic diseases such as stroke, arthritis, coronary artery disease and cancer are likely to drive demand for omega-3 supplements in the coming years. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), over 14 million people between the ages of 30 and 30 live 70 die each year from various chronic diseases.
Increasing government support for supplying consumers with low-cost preventive medicines is expected to fuel demand for omega-3 dietary supplements over the forecast period.
Highlights of the Omega 3 Supplements Market Report
• With reference to Source, krill oil-based omega-3 supplements are expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 11.1% worldwide over the projected timeframe due to growing consumer demand for eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and DHA-based supplements
• Due to its functionality, the Cardiovascular Health segment accounted for more than 37.0% of total sales in 2019. The increasing prevalence of cardiovascular disease as a result of the slow and inactive lifestyle, especially in the 30 to 40 age group, it is expected that fluctuating eating habits will spur segment growth in the next few years
• The market in China is expected to see significant growth in the coming years due to the driving output capacity of consumers. The easy online availability of these dietary supplements in the country has also boosted demand in the country
• Strong mass distribution channels, online sales, and a growing number of stand-alone mass brands from multiple companies, including Optimum Nutrition; Herbalife International of America, Inc .; Now Foods. And Amway are the key factors likely to drive demand for fish oil-based omega-3 supplements in the years to come
• In September 2020, Aker BioMarine launched a new support ship at the Yantai shipyard in China. The launch of the new ship reassured stakeholders that the lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic has not affected the company
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05999620/?utm_source=GNW
Via report linker
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you can get all the market research you need in one place, instantly.